1) Jason Giambi played his first MLB game on May 8th, 1995. He hopes to retain his spot in the lineup with the Cleveland Indians for year 20. Meanwhile in Kansas City, Mike Sweeney (who debuted on September 14th, 1995) just accepted a role as "Special Assistant to Baseball Operations"
2) Quote of the day comes courtesy of CBS Sports and the Phillies Jonathon Papelbon: "'If I was a gambling man I would take us to go all the way'"
3) Tweet of the weekend goes to Alex Pavolovic, San Francisco Giants beat writer for the Mercury News: "(Tim) Lincecum rented a warehouse this offseason, bought a portable mound and threw to friends. Said, "I feel strong. I'm pretty confident."
4) After Mark Mulder's attempted return to baseball ended Saturday with a ruptured Achilles, I find myself rooting for Grady Sizemore to make the Boston Red Sox. According to ESPN Boston, it has been over 875 days since Grady Sizemore last played in a professional baseball game. During that span, Sizemore has had 7 surgeries including microfracture surgery on both knees.
5) Dear R.A. Dickey, Kelly Hrudey called, he wants his headband back.