Sunday 16 February 2014

2014 Caveman Application That Wasn't


The 150 word blog entry the application requests:
"Better late than never"
This expression applies to many things including over-advertised baseball teams.  The darlings of the 2013 offseason are my picks to win the wildcard spots in the American in 2014. 

The Toronto Blue Jays and the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim both enter this season sporting essentially the same roster that disappointed so badly last season.  The main difference is that "experts" are calling for both teams to be bottom feeders in their division.

 The Blue Jays and Angels plummet to failure was fueled by injuries. 

 A healthy JoeyBats, Brett Lawrie, Jose Reyes, Brandon Morrow and R.A. Dickey puts the fuel back into the Blue Jays rocket to the top.  A healthy Albert Pujols and Jered Weaver and an adjusted Josh Hamilton puts the sparkle back into the Halos.

 Health, not expectations, is how you should gauge the Jays and Angels.  Playoffs or bust!
Then the applications ask me about my passion/hobbies:
 Season tickets to the hometown Canadian Football League team, writer for the local college baseball team, volunteer for the local Alberta Junior Hockey League team and Game day staff worker for the hometown Lacrosse Club.
Sports is my passion, I keep myself involved in different sports throughout the whole year.
Lastly the application asks me to provide examples of my "work":

 I blogged for  Sportsnet Fan Fuel, here a couple examples:



 I also "beat write" for the Edmonton Prospects, here a couple examples:


No comments:

Post a Comment